Edirol r4 pro bleeding? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 3rd, 2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Edirol r4 pro bleeding?

So my recorder sometimes now spits audio into my right headphone (for a few seconds at a time when it happens) when I'm recording Ch1 alone (left)

However, I do not see the right meter move at all on my screen. any ideas what this could be and how I could fix this?

Last edited by Chris Sweet; October 3rd, 2008 at 11:10 PM.
Chris Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:59 PM   #2
Trustee

busted headphone jack on editrol unit, maybe something in the jack itself,

busted headphone plug or wiring - take it apart and see if there is a stray loose wire. it happens.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #3
New Boot

I just found this thread a bit late doing a search, but my R4 Pro sends an identical signal from mic 1 to both channels 1 and 2 (the front panel meters and both sides of the the headphones) - but it records to track 1 properly. Mic 2 does not register on the front panel meter at all though it too comes through both sides of the headphones (yes I do have the monitoring option set to 1L, 2R) - but it's recording seems mixed with channel 1. Mic 3 registers on meter 3 and comes through the left headphone just fine. Mic 4 registers on meter 4 and comes through the right side of the headphones, but does not record! So my unit appears to be brain-damaged.

I've contacted Roland via their website two weeks ago and thus far received no response. Usually they respond quickly - at least when the problem is a user error!
Robert Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

thanks Steve

exactly what the prob was
Chris Sweet is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio