Free in France? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #16
Trustee

Here is a website with a lot of official looking info and links, the European Radio Communications Office:
ERO

Here is a frequency lookup page:
ERO Frequency Information System
You can put in the frequency and select the coutry or region. It shows 862.0 - 869.2 MHz in France to be for defence systems.

However, it also shows Europe (ECA): Wireless Audio Applications (863.0 - 865.0 MHz).

(There is also a disclaimer that info is not guaranteed.)

I would pay an extra hundred dollars for an international chart included with a quality wireless unit intended for international documentaries shot all over the world. The unit would have frequencies available for wherever shooting could be done, and an easy lookup chart would say which frequencies to use where and when. Perhaps the unit itself could allow selection by country or location.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:56 PM   #17
Trustee

Back home

Back now - thanks for all the info.

I checked carefully each time to made sure no-one else within range was using it and settled on 863.3 MHz. There were several locations in the parks using single or multiple radiomics but not in the 863 - 865 range.

There was some activity at times in that range around the Newport Bay Club where I was staying, perhaps due to the conference centre.

As for attracting attention using that gear, I'll make that the subject of a separate post.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM   #18
Tourist

I would like to hear it

I think any experiences working overseas is good stuff. The challenges of recording are more than equipment and technique and new stories are always welcome on my screen. Please post it when you get a chance.

Reid
Reid Fiester is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio