Does anyone actually NEED a Boostaroo? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 28th, 2003, 06:40 AM   #1
Major Player

Does anyone actually NEED a Boostaroo?

I'm just wondering who needs a Boostaroo... I'm using Sony 7506 headphones ($99 at Guitar City) and they are significantly "hotter" then my Sennheisers were. I guess the output could be louder but I never felt there was any problem.

I've been hearing a bit about this product and I'm just curious who got one or who thinks they need one... then I'm wondering what headphones you use if you feel you DO need one.

Does anybody who uses 7506 'phones also use a Boostaroo?
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2003, 11:13 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

What is a Boostaroo?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2003, 12:10 PM   #3
Wrangler

I've got a Boostaroo. I needed it because the noise-cancelling headphones that I use aren't driven loud enough by my MP3 player. The Boostaroo was okay (and a bargain at $20), but I wound up replacing it with a Headroom Total Airhead portable headphone amplifier (it fits in my shirt pocket). I use this setup when I fly (which is too, too often). It's great -- blocks out most of the noise of the airplane (but not the screaming babies, sadly), lets me hear my music (or, on those rare occassions when I watch the movie, the dialogue), and gives me high fidelity sound.
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2003, 03:16 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I have a Headbanger amp with my Sony MDR V6. Had to get something to crank up the low headphone volume of the Canon XL1s.

Problem is that it can induct powerful radio signals or other interference.

If it were better shielded it might be less prone to picking up noise.

Dean Sensui
Base Two Productions
Dean Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2003, 05:16 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for responding guys... I saw an internet ad that said, "Having problems hearing your headphones with you're DVX?" and then it featured this little headphone amp... I was just getting ramped up to tell people about how sensitive the 7506's are in case anybody was going to get one.

I didn't realize they were only twenty bucks... at that price who cares? Get one if you want one...

My original intent was to throw in yet another shameless plug for the Sony 7506's... $99 at Guitar City and easily worth every penny.

I actually GAVE AWAY two Sennheiser phones after I got the Sonys... and I used to be die-hard Senn...
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2003, 07:35 PM   #6
Machinist Mate

I gotta get me a pair of 7506's. My beloved old Discwasher phones are rapidly turning into a pumpkin..oh well, they were never meant to be used for field production! :-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio