Senn A's or B's for wireless EU/US? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:35 AM   #1
Major Player

Senn A's or B's for wireless EU/US?

So I'm about to replace my senn C's and I was curious if either the A or B range generally had more open frequency's in the US and other countries. I do some occasional travelling to other continents but mostly for US.
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Sennheiser A, B and C may be inappropriate or even illegal in other countries. Always check local regulations before transmitting...

Here in the US, a little research might provide a better answer to the A/B coin flip. Try this site...

http://74.205.3.123/ff/

It will find open frequencies in a given city. Note that until Feb. 17, many stations are occupying TWO channels, one for digital the other for analog. Hopefully when the analogs go dark the congested airwaves will offer more spaces for the many wireless mic operators to utilize.

Also note that this site will only list TV broadcasters, there could be many other unlisted transmissions as well. It is always prudent to use a receiver to find open channels before beginning a transmission.

For what it's worth, I have both A and B units and travel the US extensively. I always manage to find open channels to use.
Greg Bellotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Greg, that's a great source. From what I can tell there are no vacant B channels in my area so thanks. A it is.
Matt Buys is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio