Adobe Soundbooth Help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Adobe Soundbooth Help!

I downloaded the trial version of Soundbooth to try for quick and dirty audio work. I like it. It's simple and functional but there is one thing about it that really bugs me.

*I can't figure out how to do this.*

Record on a track. Stop the recording to clean up the audio. Then start the recording again without it overwriting the first clip.

I usually use Vegas where this is not an issue.

Am I missing something or does Soundbooth not have this capability?

Kevin
Kevin Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Trustee

I'll check this out when I get home to my system, but iirc Soundbooth makes a new file every time you start a recording. If the old one is getting overwritten, maybe you can give the new file a new name? Just off the top of my head, so I will play with it (we're Final Cut at work, so I don't have access here) /Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Trustee

Ok, I'm playing with this now....Soundbooth makes a new file every time you stop recording. You can set, in the record prefs window that opens when you record, to increment the filename or do a new filename. I don't see how it over-writes any old files...

The drill is, I think, to edit your individual files and concatenate them in a multitrack file, or concatenate them in multitrack (you can drag the files all to one track and join them) and then do your edits and save as a new file. Or you can copy and paste from one open file to another.

The files show up in your media browser window as you make them, so you should be able to see what you have. Probably I'm missing something, but are you sure that the files have been overwritten? /bvaughan

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; March 5th, 2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: clarification
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio