Royalty free Music??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Royalty free Music???

can anyone recommend a good library or music library that i can get on-line? I am looking for a diverse library to add some music to my projects. Are the called music plug ins for sound track pro?

thanks
Greg Chisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Trustee

There are a ton of providers, if you google "royalty free music" you'll find lots. A specific library recommendation is hard to do because there are lots of libraries of different kinds -- sports music, corporate music, urban music, country music, etc. etc. Most of the sites let you listen to samples. One place to start is Music 2 Hues, PD Info-Public Domain and Royalty Free Music, we have bought some disks from them...lots of the lower-cost places are midi music, higher cost places are real instruments or orchestrial, even, so you pays your money and takes your choice. / Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Major Player

thanks Battle,

i was listening to the sound track pro cuts and they are not what i thought they would be... thanks for your help... I'll do a search.

Greg
Greg Chisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Lots of info on this here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/all-thing...est-place.html

john.
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #5
Trustee

Greg,

Check out SmartSound Software, Inc. and listen to some of their music. There is quite a variety of often rich sounding music. With the purchase of any disk you get their SonicFire Pro 5 "Express Tracks Edition" free.

Their system is for your computer to automatically compose a score from selected music that fits specific needed lengths. Some NLE's use their QuickTracks plug in so you can work within the NLE right on the timeline, if not SonicFire Pro takes your selection and the variation of it and does the score using your defined time. Export that in WAV form and drop it on your music track.

It's an amazingly slick and flexible system. Listen to some of their music.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio