Help! need wireless mic's FAST at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 7th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #1
New Boot

Need help Fast. Please

I need by fridey wireless Mic's. The worst thing is that a need to hook up 2 people with it. I need reciver that can handle 2 microphones and transmiters.
Jarek Gorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2003, 05:21 PM   #2
Major Player

Not aware of any portable receivers (Camera mountable) that can handle two transmitters at once. You'll probably have to get two sets of rcv/xmtr and plug one into each channel. What are you shooting that needs two wireless's? Sometimes, a single mic placed properly can pick up a pretty wide range.
Rob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #3
New Boot

Wedding

i'm plaing 2 wireless mic for wedding.
Old October 7th, 2003, 07:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Well, you're probably going to have to rent something with this little notice.

A lot of people THINK they need to mic each person they want to record, but usually a good omni will get a "bubble" of sound about 10' in diameter... 6 really good feet. A tram with a Lectro would be a good call if you want to mic the groom or the minister and get everybody's words.

If that's not the case and you really do need two sets then have at it... you should expect to be doing a fair bit of audio editing with the final project though... manually selecting the voice of whoever is actually mic-ed and turning off the other channel... in your edit timeline... otherwise the delayed sound of the mic-ed person reaching the OTHER wireless will combine into a "hall" effect of a diminished echo due to the distance and both sets picking up everything they can hear... get my drift?

It would be far easier to just mic the ceremony with one really good mic and wireless set and then just normalize the audio in post so that volume is adjusted as needed to compensate for the varying distances of the speakers from the mic.

Just a couple thoughts for you.

Something else you may not have considered is using a minidisc recorder and doing an analog transfer to your edit timeline... just sync up the voices in post... Creative has a digital recorder that's a possibility also... good luck.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2003, 08:16 PM   #5
New Boot

Thank you

Thank you for you info. Ok let sey i connect One Wireless Mic to GY DV500. Then if i want to transfer Video and audio to Adobe Premiere is it gone be as Audio 1 for Cam Mic and Audio 2 For Wireless mic?/??
Old October 7th, 2003, 08:19 PM   #6
New Boot

Is this set up good enough to pick up the bride also? Thanks
Old October 7th, 2003, 09:48 PM   #7
Major Player

Ronald,

A good wireless with an omni mic placed on either the groom or the bride should pick up the whole thing just fine. May need to boost the bride a bit in post but not so that you would notice.
Rob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2003, 11:37 PM   #8
New Boot

Thanks Rob - I plan to spend several hours this weekend just testing and experimenting with the sound set ups.
Old October 8th, 2003, 11:55 AM   #9
Wrangler

If you do not want much trouble try getting a pair of Sennheiser EW112P (omni UHF wireless). Its a heck of a system and is available through DVinfo sponsors. Typical price is around $450 each.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2003, 03:12 PM   #10
Major Player

Jarek, your dv500 I expect is similar to a dvx. With the dvx you can choose the on cam mic, or even just half of it... there are two inputs on the side of the dvx... then on the other side there is a switch to choose between one or both inputs which shuts off one or both halves of the on cam mic.

If most cams (mid-range) don't do this they should... I would expect your's will... the other cool thing about that is you can choose the appropriate "half" of the on cam mic according to whichever side is most likely to get the best audio... i.e. reflections, others talking, etc.

If you can't buy something last minute you can rent a Lectro for around $50 with a great mic.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio