advice wanted about boompole pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 21st, 2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

advice wanted about boompole pro

i have to buy a professional boompole, what are differences between VDB, AMBIENT, K-TEK ETC? it has to be at least 5 meters (16')
thanks
David Aliperti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I think all the brands you mentioned have something for it. It's going a personal and subjective decision in the end. I'm (very) happy with my VDB poles, I know how to treat them and how to care for them. For me they work: no funny noises, no breakages and so on. (All my poles are internally cabled and run with wireless systems.) But then I know others who don't like them.....

Make sure though that whatever brand you buy you'll be able to get local support with parts or maybe repairs.

And: weight does make a difference, especially with long poles obviously ;-)
Karl Lohninger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

i am located it italy and i dont think will be so easy to find assistance for k tek product as for vdb
David Aliperti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I use a Ambient 4140, its a great pole, I also have qp 120 it is a additional section that you can add on extending the pole to about 20 feet.
Sacha Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:20 PM   #5
Regular Crew

i have a very strong and light rifle case , bought in an arms store, similar at pelican cases, but i payed it 50 € insted of 250 ( for a pelican) it is 120 cm long , i can carry in it 2 boom poles and 2 blimps with pistol grip and some tools,
ambient pole the longest one is 153 cm, but VDB XL IS ALMOST 110, so that is for me an importnat value to make my choise
David Aliperti is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio