Senn ev100 popping noises? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 21st, 2004, 10:28 AM   #1
New Boot

Senn ev100 popping noises?

hi,

Had my first wedding & it turned out to be a success the other night...
I do have a concern, i used the senn ev100 wireless on the groom and during the playback i hear faint popping noises when he speaks..it wasn't overmodulating but I'm wondering HAS ANYONE HEARD THIS POPPING noise from their wireless mics..its subtle but i can notice it..hmmm ..well, at least i have my minidisk as my backup, so i may try to use BOTH Audio tracks..

thanks for your help
karen
Karen Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2004, 12:22 PM   #2
New Boot

It happens.

When do you get the popping noises, is it from movement or is it of the Pronounced "P" type of popping? Is it actually a click...

Just curious, to try to rule out some possibilities, also, what audio editing software are you using, soundforge has a number of audio restoration tools that are fairly effecient in getting rid of typical pops and clicks.

Always be careful when mixing two audio feeds of the same source, its where you get into phase issues, and if the MD was placed significantly further back than the senn... you may get a minute delay which will downgrade the feel of the final product.

Anyhow good luck.

Regards,
Rich
Rich Frankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:16 PM   #3
Regular Crew

It could be a number of things. It could be something he was wearing (necklace, tie clasp, metallic shirtbuttons, etc.) that made a noise as he spoke or moved. It could be his manner of speaking. I've recorded many people who make clicking noises from their mouth as they speak. It could have been the mic wire or the mic moving about.

The fact that you didn't hear it when he was not speaking merely means that the noise was not loud enough to open the compander.

I would not necessarily attribute this noise to the radio system.
Marty Atias is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio