Lapel Mic for Weddings - Help! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 17th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #31
Regular Crew

still private

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barnett View Post
Ok, it should be up & avail now.
David,

It is still private. :(
Mel Enriquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Babin View Post
Holy crap I use this one as well as a back for my company now haha crazy!

Alex,

Were you referring to my post on the AT pro 88? If you were, then you have an idea of its performance. I hope it's good enough for you.

It's not perfect, but for now, it will do. In a way, I'm glad I didn't have the money for the G2 (even now :)). Bought a camera, and I have other expenses. And I had to stop for about 15-18 months as a pro due to family problems that need attention.

I heard about the frequency issues and knowing our country is just mimicking the USA standard, I'll feel bad if I had gotten one with band issues and then I won't be able to use it in the future. UHF's are still the better options, if you can afford it. When I have the money, I'd go for the G3. As the others have said, you'd probably change cameras in 3-5 years, but a good sound system will stay for much longer time. This is why I just got the AT pro 88 as an interim solution.

I am also using i-River mp3 recorders as my other sound source. Been doing that for 4-5 years. No problems. With that and the AT, I can have a fall back if one is bad. My 3rd sound source is the Rode videomic. Cheap but performs well. Again, all low end, but effective solutions. You do need a backup in case your wireless has some problems. Don't rely on one sound source as your only source. You may get away it in a while, but you may encounter a situation where your main may fail.

Do let us know w/c one you bought.
Mel Enriquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:33 PM   #33
DVCreators.Net

The Audio Technica Pro88 is a good bang for buck wireless system. As others have said, it's better than the Azden VHF. Keep in mind that you only have two selectable channels versus over a thousand with the UHF Sennheiser or the Sony.

I just went out and bought a long, long tape measure and did a range check in a local park. The Sony UWP-V6 bodypack transmitter easily went over 200' - at about 225' and over a small hill the Sony went further than the Sennheiser G2. I'm still waiting for Sennheiser G3 portable receivers to arrive and do the next test. The Sony is a little less expensive than the Sennheiser G3. They're both well made units, either will be a welcome improvement over a Nady, Samson, or low end Azden.

I actually rolled footage of the test of Sony UWP-V6 at 200'. My dog got in the shot, but I think you'll get the idea. Camera is the Panasonic HPX500. YouTube - Sony UWP-V6 Wireless Lavalier Microphone 200' distance

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio