Could anyone recommend me a reliable wireless system ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 11th, 2004, 03:11 AM   #1
New Boot

Could anyone recommend me a reliable wireless system ?

I need a reliable wireless mic for wedding purpouses. It's for miking the groom. I will use a Sony DSR-390 DVCAM camcorder.

About $600, is there anything from Sennheiser ?

Thanks
Robert Mitteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #2
Trustee

I'll mention it, before about 50 others do :). The Sennheiser Evolution 100 series is a pretty good buy and considered best bang for the buck in the "low price" wireless systems. They have a new version, the G2 which is smaller and uses AA batteries, not 9v.

I have the old version and it's solid, and reliable.

Aaron
Old August 11th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #3
New Boot

What about Lectronsonics ?

I have heard that work very very well. Anyone here with a lectronsonics wireless system ??

Thanks !!
Robert Mitteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2004, 05:12 PM   #4
Major Player

yes , but those are not in your price range , it starts with 1000 for non divercity 100 and finish by 2800 for 400 seris , in every price range ( there is another above the 3000 where you can find zaxcoms) , those are the best systems that you can get for eng and film work
Oleg Kaizerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #5
Regular Crew

under 600 wireless system

While there are several excellent systems on the market, I've found one that is reasonably priced, (street price, around $500.00), extremely hardy, camera "mountable" all with fairly clean, strong sound. It is the lesser known AT (Audio-Technica) "U-100" series. Here is a link at B&H,

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&Q=&b=81&a=340_2811&shs=&ci=3785&ac=&Submit.x=16&Submit.y=14

In any case, this has been a workhorse for me for several years...never having let me down in both urban and rural, indoor and outdoor environments, (each has its own transmission peculiarities, as you probably know). And, the AT service has been excellent.
It's not the only one I use, but it's always in my traveling gear.
Frank Meek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio