help me choosing a mic: rode NTA or rode NT1000 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 4th, 2004, 02:22 PM   #16
Trustee

The CS-1 is a great indoor mic.
Old November 4th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #17
Major Player

HI

thanks for all your replies. It really is a pain in the c-ass-corder!! I went through this when I had to buy a midi controller and nearfield monitors. I also know that it isn't always better to buy the most expensive. YOu can achieve the best if you know how to handle your tools. SO The SAnken c1 sounds amazing (lots of bass there) and the price is well....mmmm....it is no mcdonalds PRIce , that is for sure. But I like eating at Mcdonalds so jezz.. I dont know. A good 3 ccd camcorder alone is lots of money to me and I know if you want to achieve good results, audio IS one of the most important elements in a movie. I can handle effects, mixing, mastering, midi and audio like no other, so I know the tricks, but 750 dollars for a mic...mmm...I should wait a little bit longer to save more money for the mic and buy everything at once (maybe second hand).

I am in pain now, so I have to sleep this paing off with a good happy deep dream about being scorsese with a xl2 or dvx.
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 09:38 PM   #18
Trustee

is the cs3 also good for indoors?
Bruce yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #19
Trustee

Go over to freelancer and listen. All of the clips were indoor. Compare the hyper and the shotguns.

The more you pay the better it gets but the hyper will still do better on a confined space.

The CS-3 and the Schoeps are the same price pretty well. It's all subjective. I took the time to post uncompressed audio, you take the time and listen.
Old November 6th, 2004, 10:46 AM   #20
Major Player

According to the specs the ME-66 has the same frequency range as the CS-3. The only difference a slight increase int he 3000-5-- hz range of the me-66. This can be fixed with free VST-plugins which you can use in yoru audio editor. Roll it off and you have a pretty good sound. Add a compressor and you have a deeper steady sound like the CS-3 (sample). :) Hope that helps. But test them out yourself in a shop.
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio