The Marshall MXL 770 mic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 10th, 2004, 06:53 AM   #1
Trustee

The Marshall MXL 770 mic

I was at the audio store in Atlanta looking at the Rode NT1a. I explained to the audio rep that I wanted it strickly for doing VO in post while editing with the Vegas 5. He recommended the Marshall MXL 770 mic. to me. He even let me try it. I must admit I was impressed as this mic is only $89.00 with the shock mount. I was wondering if any of you have ever tried this mic. Thanks. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2004, 11:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: The Marshall MXL 770 mic

<<<-- Originally posted by Bob Safay : I was at the audio store in Atlanta looking at the Rode NT1a. I explained to the audio rep that I wanted it strickly for doing VO in post while editing with the Vegas 5. He recommended the Marshall MXL 770 mic. to me. He even let me try it. I must admit I was impressed as this mic is only $89.00 with the shock mount. I was wondering if any of you have ever tried this mic. Thanks. Bob -->>>

Sounds like an $89.00 mic. How good you want your voice to sound? If $89.00 is enough go for it. If not, look up.

For mic reviews, check my review archives on my site.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2004, 07:05 AM   #3
Trustee

Ty, that is why I am asking advise. Why elce would the guy that runs the audio dept in an audio store, not radio shack, an audio store, want to talk me down from a Rode NT1a to the Mitshall 770? I was ready to go for the Rode, pre amp, wires, stand, pop filter when he started talking about and showed me the Mitshall? Do you know anything about this mic? Bob
Old December 13th, 2004, 06:16 PM   #4
Trustee

Bob
The Marshall is an "inexpensive' Chinese mic (Shanghai factory). For them to sell that mic for $79 it has to cost less than $8 to produce. if you bothered to read Ty's reviews you will have noticed a fairly extensive piece on Marshall. Their strength is a low cost mic that caters to "garage"bands.

Read Ty's reviews

Listen to some of my clips I went through a pretty steep learning phase over the past few years and yes i started looking at cheaper mics. I soon found out that first impressions may not last.
Old December 14th, 2004, 07:53 AM   #5
Trustee

Bryan, that was what I wanted to know. I will be going with the Rode NT1a. Thank you. Bob
Old December 15th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #6
Major Player

I got a MXL 990 mic and it rocks and it is cheap. Why ask for more? It also incluses shockmount.....just amazing really. The rode nt sell cheap as well (twice as expensive as the mxl 990) and the rode is a good brand.
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Hey Jose,

What's the selfnoise figure opn the Marshall?

Smiles,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio