Can u help me cut out background Noice pls? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 1st, 2005, 03:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can u help me cut out background Noice pls?

Good day.
While using my JVC 10U, with NO external mic, i was a bit to far away from the subject and while at this trade show, picked up a bit too much background noice from the crowd.
Is there anyway to lessen this background noice?

Thanks tons everyone.
Tom
ONA Large Format Printing
Tom Aellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:47 PM   #2

Generally not. This is why you should virtually never use the built in mic on a camera.
You can try, but it's generally impossible. Try reducing noise by using a closing noise gate.
One thing that can be done if you have enough ambient/room audio, is to find enough length of room audio where there is no primary subject speaking/singing/whatever. Copy it, or save as a separate file(s) Use a gate or envelope in your NLE to reduce the noise between speaking. Pan the primary file slightly to one side or the other. Then paste the noise file in between those sections, with two copies panned mostly right/left. This doesn't reduce anything, but it helps the ear to focus more on the primary subject due to the shift in noise centering.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio