I need 6 25' xlr m to xlr f cables at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 1st, 2005, 07:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

I need 6 25' xlr m to xlr f cables

I would prefer the cables different colors if I have to pay more than $20 bucks each. I am taking a look at Markatek right now but I was wondering what you guys use. I am considering making my own, but I want those multi colors. It seems any cable with 4 wires (redundant) is over $20 bucks and many with 2 are under 20. The use is for a simple 6 hard lavs (ecm-77) to a shure mixer, interviews only. I would buy the cheap ones but it just takes one bad cable to ruin your karma on a shoot. I already have a couple cables for back-up. Please don't advise the top of the line $50 buck cables without pointing me to a deal, I am hoping some engineer is selling cheap out of his trunk.

Is there a trick to making the new cables with the xtra wires for redundancy, I have not made xlr's for over 10 years.
Jerry Mohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:31 AM   #2
Trustee

I use Canara StarQuad cables assembled by HAVE Inc. using Neutrik connectors. They are well made and a good value with 10 cable colors available and either black or chrome connectors. With any new cable I test it first even from a trusted source.
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:29 PM   #3
Major Player

May also want to try TecNec. $30 gets you 25 ft color of your choice using Canare or Belden Cable and Neutrik ends.
Rob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 05:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey thanks guys, just what I was asking for. I like Have inc, I am putting together a list and it is growing. The wierd thing about TecNec is that it mirrors the Markatec site with prices one dollar more, same exact data.

I was thinking of fishing on ebay for some deals on mic cables but it just is so neat and tidy to go with new all in one place. Plus I am matching cable colors to windscreen color for six mics.
Jerry Mohn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio