ME66 covers and the like - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 6th, 2003, 08:38 AM   #16
Regular Crew

also with the Lightwave WindScreen you can add a WindMaster which is basically the furry sock over the foam blimp. I've had excellent results in windy days on the beach with this combo.
Old April 24th, 2004, 08:54 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I just bought an ME66/K6 for a PD150. Now I'm considering either the Lightwave MiniScreen or Equalizer. I do NOT own a standard foam covering. It seems that the Lightwave products are meant for outdoor use in windy conditions. Since most of my work will be indoor interviews, I was thinking the MiniScreen or Equalizer could be used for both indoor duty as well as the occasional venture into the windy outdoors.

Is there any disadvantage to using these Lightwave products for indoor use, or should I buy a seperate foam cover for that?
For primarily indoor use and occasional outdoor use, would you recommend the MiniScreen or Equalizer, or perhaps another model?
Edward Seid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2004, 10:45 AM   #18
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

You won't need to use a windscreen at all indoors. But it won't really hurt anything to keep one mounted, either. I often keep a foam screen on mics indoors just to protect them from hard bumps. But I wouldn't make a point to buy such an accessory for this purpose.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio