How would you tweak the audio track in this clip? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 28th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #16
Major Player

This is great...old friends/colleagues catching up...

info & experience being shared...aren't we a wonderful bunch? (And excellent judges of character, too).

Claire,
(ladies first)...Thanks again. Seems it's a small world, huh?

Jeff,
re: the photos...I'm good on use, as they came from a gov't web site. I e-mailed a request and they were e-mailed back as attachments, with specific mention that there was no cost.
I originally had many more shots, dissolving one into the next, but the client thought that was distracting from the message and wanted the others removed.
I consider this more a marketing piece than a tantalizing appeal. As for the piece attracting investors, I have no idea what other plans they have, but my understanding is that, (last I heard), this was simply a teaser. I know nothing of the VC world, and while I'm very enthusiastic about the need/sense of developing alt energy, I have no experience with it. (The script we have at present is the result of 5 passes of back/forth polishing the original; they gently insisted that much of the content be included, though I was able to get some re-wording and grammar changes in).

Steve,
Because this is for a startup, I have no idea how to even guess at the value to the client. That's why I asked, but more from the production side. (Considering the value to the client is a different concept for me; the few yrs I've been doing this hasn't broken the habit of thinking in terms of time & resources. Thanks for that insight).
My succinct critique would be that it's based on someone's love of the technology more than assuring investors this is a high-risk but still viable investment. Working on any video project is a thrill for me; it's my "2nd career", and I'm trying to squeeze gaining 20-25 yrs of learning/experience into 3-5. but, because of folks like you, Claire, and Jeff, I still see that as a possibility, though maybe far-fetched. (Actually, the journey from idea to a startup...always in search of VC $$...(if it was handled right) seems like a potentially decent subject for a doc a la CNN's "The World of Walmart" and similar "insider expose's". (Though I doubt I'll ever get around to making it). (If any of you decide to, I'm avaialble ;)

THANKS again to all.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Honestly don't think the sound is anywhere near as big a problem as the content:-)

I can hear it OK - bit "roomy" but not to the point where it's particularly bothersome - nowhere near as bothersome as what he's saying - let's see, price of panels has dropped from $100 to $1 per watt in only 40 years. Wow. I can hardly wait to see what the next 40 - 50 years will bring.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio