Azden Wireless vs. Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 17th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Azden Wireless vs. Sennheiser Evolution G2 100

I've been using the AZDEN 100LT wireless system for a while for recording weddings (vows, reader, etc.). As I'm getting more experienced with audio and listening more carefully to the recorded sound, I'm finding that I'm not as happy with the recorded sound from my Azden wireless system as I used to be when I first started. The sound sounds fuzzy/staticy and doesn't seem like it has a clean range of frequencies (ie. peoples voices don't sound clean).

I'm considering purchasing the Sennheiser Evolution G2 wireless system in hopes of it being superior to my exising system with clean audio, no or low static.

Do you audio pros think I will notice a HUGE difference if I go from my Azden wireless system to the Sennheiser wireless system?

Sincerely,

Eric
Eric Holloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #2
Fred Retread

I'm not suggesting that you cross post which is not allowed, but if you don't get your question fully answered here after a few days, it would an appropriate question for the Wedding/Event forum
Old July 23rd, 2005, 04:27 PM   #3
Major Player

I am very happy with the Senn G2
Ronald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 05:49 PM   #4
Major Player

Dear Eric,

You simply get what you pay for.... The Sennheiser G2 will provide better range and better quality audio.

The Sennheiser G2 isn't up to the quality that broadcast hopes for, but it is a much better choice than the Azden.

My humble opinion is to spend the money on the Sennheiser.

Good luck to you always,

Stephanie
Stephanie Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 08:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Holloway
Do you audio pros think I will notice a HUGE difference if I go from my Azden wireless system to the Sennheiser wireless system?
Dear Eric,

Yes, I believe you will notice a HUGE difference in quality and performance! If doing weddings, I would prefer using a skin colored Countryman B6 lav because they conceal easily and your bride won't be bothered by it. Expect to pay roughly around $800 for a complete system (TX, RX, LAV).

Brian
Brian Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:24 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reponses everyone. I ended up by the Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 with the plug on transmitter for my azden shotgun. I bought some lapel windjammers or whatever you call those "softies" for the lapel mics are called but it didn't perform too well out by the beach because the wind was blowing 20-30 mph gusts at times. But I was able to capture nice audio from my azden sgm-2x shotgun with a lightwave windjammer on it. I'm going to buy the sennheiser wireless handheld microphone next week too. Then I'm going to look into getting a sennheiser shotgun mic and I'll be started a new thread for that one :)

Thanks for all your inputs.

Eric
Eric Holloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 11:12 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Holloway
Thanks for the reponses everyone. I ended up by the Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 with the plug on transmitter for my azden shotgun. I bought some lapel windjammers or whatever you call those "softies" for the lapel mics are called but it didn't perform too well out by the beach because the wind was blowing 20-30 mph gusts at times. But I was able to capture nice audio from my azden sgm-2x shotgun with a lightwave windjammer on it. I'm going to buy the sennheiser wireless handheld microphone next week too. Then I'm going to look into getting a sennheiser shotgun mic and I'll be started a new thread for that one :)

Thanks for all your inputs.

Eric
Hey Eric,

Please explain how you were able to use a Sennheiser transmitter with a Azden shotgun?

I have been successful getting decent audio in windy situations by placing my windscreened lav mics INSIDE the man's lapel or UNDER the woman's dress collar. Works great unless the material is silk or there's lots of subject movement.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Stephanie
Stephanie Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio