SignVideo ENG-44 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 15th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Major Player

SignVideo ENG-44

I just acquired the above field mixer and in tests with AC power (mains power to my friends across the pond) it seems to be just what the doctor ordered. The mixer reuires AA batteries to run disconnected. I also have an Azden 200ULT system that runs off of AA batteries. Both systems use a similar 12VDC connector (positive tip). I'd like to find some sort of rechargeable battery solution that I can plug both systems into in the audio bag and run for a few hours without having to replace dozens of AA batteries for each shoot.
I'd love to hear stories/solutions others have come up with to power their peripherals.
Bob Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Common practice. I used to have a 13.5V NP1 and a Bud distro box to power a four channel mixer and three wireless, however all could run on higher voltage. (up to 18V)
You must take into consideration the min. & max voltages that your components require.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Major Player

I have the same mixer, and with a freshly recharged set of batts, I've gotten close to 4 hrs run time, well... longer that i needed for the session, including 2 mics running phantom power.
they are very efficient.
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #4
Major Player

Gerry, do you use rechargeable AA batteries in your system? That would be a better help than constantly purchasing s***loads of throw aways.
I also like the Bud box idea. I'll have to look into cost on this.

Thanks, gents! Any other comments?
Bob Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I recently did a shoot with my Eng44, and used one set of 4 AAA's per day. It was powering my Rode NTG3. Kirkland Brand from Costco. Environmentally, not the best, but never had to worry about recharging.

In that same shoot, I also powered my AC adapter for my Canon 5D and my Marshall Monitor, using a $30 battery brick I bought at Kragen, and a Coleman invertor, using an extension cord so I could put the invertor, which has a small fan, about 20 feet from actual shoot site.
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #6
Major Player

Bob.

I mainly just use Energizer rechargeable AA I have several sets of 4 which i use for other things as well. they seem to work well.
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio