no knowledge need help please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 7th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Major Player

no knowledge need help please

hey guys ,ive searched for a while and it answered some of my questions but not all of them
ok so let me state first off that i am basically brand new to recording Good audio
in the past ive just been using on camera audio ,but id like to improve my audio alot
ok first off for a recorder im currently deciding between the zoom h4n and the Marantz PMD661
the marantz is more which would naturally lead me to believe its better ,but id like to hear from anyone that has had either one and which they like better
now another thing is ,will the onboard mics be sufficient for recording: weddings ,interviews ,plays ,musicals ,sports ,live bands ,and probably other things as well?
or will i need to purchase a dedicated mic for those things? i guess what im really trying for as far as musicals go ,is the sort of bass that you can feel and hear when your in the theater ,and also to be able to capture the beauty of a person singing ,when i hear it in person it sounds great ,when played back on my computer (recorded from on camera audio) it sounds mediocre ,the depth of their voice ,and the high notes are just not there
my budget is $700 max at the moment
id appreciate any help you guys can give me ,even if its referring me to a thread i missed while searching its very much appreciated
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio