New RODE Lavalier - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 10th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #31
Major Player

Sold! Let's talk Monday Guy after 11am.

EDIT: Email sent with some ideas. I have a Tram through a lectro, COS11D through a Sennheiser G3, ME-2 through a G2. If I had a way to get the Tram to an XLR, and an XLR converter for the ME-2 and COS11d, I could do them all wired.
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #32
Major Player

I have the Tram TR50 with the TR79 XLR adapter. Would be happy to help. If money is being made, a proportional cut would be welcomed.
Randy Panado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #33
Major Player

I have the tram TR50 too Randy, and I think we're going through wireless units, but if we need to go hard wired I'll hit you up.
Old October 12th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #34
Major Player

Sounds good. If you do end up needing it, it would be available after this coming weekend for testing.

Would LOVE to hear if there is a difference as these new rodes look like a great value.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #35
Major Player

Here is the "Lav Shootout" video with the Rode, Tram TR-50, Sanken COS11D, and the Sennheiser ME-2.

Old October 19th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Chad, Thanks for this - Very useful!
Old October 19th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #37
DVCreators.Net

Chad,

Thanks for putting this together in a timely manner. The $600 bounty is yours! I'm glad to be able to provide the support on this one. We have an advertising budget and I'd rather give it back to folks like you and other contributing members rather than to a magazine ad, Google ad words or Facebook ads. Hopefully others will benefit from the video. I'd like to be able to do more like this if it makes sense. Thanks again. Well done!
Old October 19th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #38
Major Player

Thanks Guy!

I'm happy to have helped out any way I can. It was fun and informative for me, though more complex than I expected. I'm already getting good feedback on the shootout. It's just the kind of thing that I wanted when I was purchasing a new lav. I had to rely on print and people's descriptions, but the proof is in the pudding. To hear them next to each other in the time-span of a few minutes tells me much more than hours of reading. Also that Rode Lav is no slouch. Very nice sounding.

Don't hesitate to call on me again. Video/Marketing is my occupation, and Audio is my specialty.

Take care.

Chad

P.S. The stuff is on it's way back.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 02:48 PM   #39
Major Player

Great review! Thanks for putting it together, looks like I'll be holding onto my trams :)
Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:04 PM   #40
Trustee

Yes, great review! However, if someone could please throw a Sony ECM-77b into the mix of reviews, that would be greatly appreciated! I've been using a bunch of 77's for a decade and have been very happy with them. Just curious to know how they stack up against these newer generation mics.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:33 PM   #41
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kawamoto View Post
Yes, great review! However, if someone could please throw a Sony ECM-77b into the mix of reviews, that would be greatly appreciated! I've been using a bunch of 77's for a decade and have been very happy with them. Just curious to know how they stack up against these newer generation mics.

That's up to whomever can pay for another shootout, and supply the mics...
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:04 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Cochran View Post
We have an advertising budget and I'd rather give it back to folks like you and other contributing members rather than to a magazine ad, Google ad words or Facebook ads. Hopefully others will benefit from the video. I'd like to be able to do more like this if it makes sense. Thanks again. Well done!
Guy, I like this approach to marketing it makes a lot of sense on many levels. I've always found your videos useful too. If I was in the states I'd definitely send some business your way.
Ben Denham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #43
Inner Circle

Hi Chad, great review thanks for producing it. One comment .. I'd have like to have heard the price differences of those lavs, that's a major consideration for a lot of new prospective buyers.

Hi Randy and Warren. I was in Honolulu working at the Pearl Harbour air museum last Monday with a Sony ECM77B but didn't take my Rode lav. That Sony is $200 more expensive than the Rode but the sound is very much closer ... and it's a personal thing of course.

To be honest I'd keep my ECM77B but if you intend adding 2, 3 or 4 lavs to your bag, and a lot of users do now, I'd get the Rode .. with the Micron connectors they fit many more rigs and you'll save big bucks.

Cheers.
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #44
Inner Circle

Dear Mr. Cochran.

One sad note on this thread is your intention of retiring from doing reviews. It takes many years and hard work to reach the level of production you have and many folk have come to trust your reviews to the point where they can say, they have a friend in the biz.

In Oz we call a spade a spade, and whether it's a Sennheiser, Rycote, Rode or Sanken spade you always called it like it is .. along with value added help for new folk. Nice work mate.

As I mentioned elsewhere I still think you should get an agent :) Please keep posting stuff here.

Cheers.
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #45
Major Player

Alan, the prices of the lavs are easily found with a few seconds of googling. The video has a longer shelf life without prices, as prices may change. As for Guy retiring, I don't think he is. He just didn't have time/gear to do this shootout.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio