Which compressor plugin (XP system) for LIVE recording - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:49 AM   #16
Major Player

For the immediate, I will be using a Mackie onyx 1620 board and recording small rock, R&B and reggae bands (wherein 8 channels is more than enough). This stuff is generally for video related work wherein I need separate sound. I am also incorporating this mix into some indie filming I have coming up (next 12 or so months) wherein there are music scenes (not dubbed over unless absolutely necessary).
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:18 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Spot, thanks for the clarification! 'Makes perfect sense.

Dwight, I'd love to hear how that Onyx board works out for you, as I've had my eye on the 1640 for awhile (saving my pennies). In the meantime, I hope I haven't hijacked this thread too badly.
There's no way for you to know if what I'm saying is true unless you know what the truth is, and there's no way for you to know what the truth is unless there is a truth that you can know. -- Frank Peretti
Jeremy Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 04:35 PM   #18
Major Player

Jeremy, no problem, I'll give you the scoop as soon as I begin to use the 1620 for full scale production work. I was going to get the 1640, but I just couldn't justify the added expense of almost $400 bucks for 8 additional mic pres and 2 additional monitoring options. Still so far the unit handles fairly sweeeeet. I bet in a year I'll eat those words as a bevy of alternatives will be out, just as good but much cheaper.
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio