Wireless Mic's at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #1
New Boot

Wireless Mic's

Been looking at the Sony UMP-V1 and was wondering what everyone thinks about them or would the Sennheiser G3 be my better set?
Terry Doublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I could not be happier with the Sony UWP-V1s. I currently use four of them (30/32 - 566 to 590MHz). The range on these are really good and I have never experienced any drop outs. At the current price point, their hard to beat among other wireless systems in this range. I have read various reviews comparing the Sony V1s with the Sennheiser G3s and it seems to be about a 50/50 split as to which one is better (audio can be rather subjective). I'm sure each one has it's pros and cons but after having used both systems, it's hard to talk bad about either one of them. I think it really comes down to brand preference as they both perform great. I don't think you will be sorry with either choice but if budget is a concern, the Sony's are a bit less expensive...plus I think Sony currently has a $40 rebate on the V1s.
Michael Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew

So, I guess Radio Shack is out of the question eh? hehehhehe
Russ Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Have a look at this previous discussion. http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...seinny-g3.html. Though the original poster was talking about the UWP-V1 kit with the plug-in transmitter, the info here will still apply to what your looking for.
Michael Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #5
Trustee

If its any consolation, I started off with 2 Sony V1's and now have added 2 Seinn G3's rather than more Sony V1s because they are a bit better quality and easier to use/adjust settings. However, my main reason for only buying Seinnheiser now is due to Sony having a proprietary connection. With the G3's, I can use wired Tram lav's and also use them as wireless with the G3. With the Sony, there is no lav that can be both wired and wireless.

And comparing just the lav's that come with each, the G3 easily wins. If you get the G3, make sure to get the correct package as one comes with an omni lav and the other comes with a cardioid lav.

EDIT: haha, I just realized Michael posted the link to my original thread.

EDIT AGAIN: contact TapeWorks to see if they will extend their amazing deal on G3's which they advertised in this thread http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-thin...eng-promo.html
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio