How do I employ the best use of my Sennheiser Evolution G3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 31st, 2011, 01:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How do I employ the best use of my Sennheiser Evolution G3

A friend of mine worked briefly with Sennheiser and while she was there I purchased the Sennheiser G3 kit along with a few other bits. I done this quickly and without much consideration because I was able to buy at almost cost price and there was a time limit.

I mostly shoot wedding videos and I use a Canon XA-H1. I've been using the on board mic, which I've found to be very reliable but I do know that I could do better audio wise and that's why I purchased the kit. Ideally I want to be able to get better audio coverage during the ceremony and speeches.

I've read a few suggestion about using mini disc to record or lavalier mics on the groom. My question is; based on the equipment I already have what is the best method you could recommend to recoding during the ceremony and speeches. I understand that I may need to purchase additional equipment to make this all work. So any suggestions there is also welcome.

Here is a list of the equipment I currently have from sennheiser

Sennheiser Evolution G3 100 Series
Sennheiser Evolution G3 100 Series : Kino-Eye.com

MKE 400 Sennheiser
Sennheiser MKE 400 Camcorder Microphone

MZW 400 sennheiser Microphone accessory

professional microphone the evolution e-835
Sennheiser Worldwide - e 835, cardioid microphone, vocal stage microphone

As I mentioned before I have a Canon XA-H1
Ana Conlon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio