what is it movies do to sweeten the audio? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: what is it movies do to sweeten the audio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butir View Post
... what movies do to make their sound so cinematic?

Highly recommended, and will answer most of your current questions, as well as most of those you haven't thought to ask yet.
Bruce Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #17
Trustee

Re: what is it movies do to sweeten the audio?

I'm very interested in this thread because I agree that video/film mediums are counter-intuitively primarily audio mediums...

My particular interest is that that I am producing a DVD teaching series which involves me as a talking head viewed from four camera angles, with supplimentary video footage and graphics being introduced from time to time. I have most of the graphics already and will use the talking head video as picture in picture at times to increase the visual variation. I hope to use more rather than less supplimentary vidoe footage but I'll see how that goes as the project develops.

I've mentioned this before but I'm recording audio with a Rode NT3 on a boom (just out of frame) to one track, and a Rode PinMic to the second. It is being done in front of a green screen.

I have clear audio from what I have recorded so far but have not yet done anything with it - if anything needs to be done to it. This thread has made me realise that even though I have good audio already, perhaps it can be improved.

One area that I see may affect things is whatever background I finally replace the green screen with, something I have not desided yet. If it is an expansive room of some sort, then the 'room tone' in the audio needs to match such a setting. So whatever background I choose needs to audibly be conveyed in the sound track.

I don't know what questions to ask so has anyone any thoughts?
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio