Wireless frequencies in Phoenix at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 12th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Wireless frequencies in Phoenix

My apologies if this belongs in the travel section. I have to shoot in Phoenix in a few weeks. I'm concerned about my Lectrosonics wireless mics working there. They are older, fixed frequency mics, 544.500 and 497.200. Is there a way to check if there will be a problem using them in Phoenix? Thanks.
Michael Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Wireless frequencies in Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sims View Post
My apologies if this belongs in the travel section. I have to shoot in Phoenix in a few weeks. I'm concerned about my Lectrosonics wireless mics working there. They are older, fixed frequency mics, 544.500 and 497.200. Is there a way to check if there will be a problem using them in Phoenix? Thanks.
Hello Michael:

You can try the Sennheiser Frequency Finder (Sennheiser USA - Headphones and Headsets - Microphones) or try contacting Lectrosonics directly (contact-us | Contact Us), especially if you know the specific zip code or area you'll be working in. Great folks over at Lectro!
Dan Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Lectro has or had a freq chart on their website which lists all the major users of their equipment (namely TV stations). I think a little time there might get you pointed in the right direction.
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the guidance. I'll take a look.
Michael Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Lectrosonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sims View Post
Hi Michael,

I checked those frequencies using the IAS software package, choosing zip code 85018 as a central location within the Phoenix metro area. Here's what I found:

544.500 falls within DTV 26 so you may have trouble with that one if you need more than say 30 ft. of range.

497.200 appears to be fine.

If you can rent something, Lectrosonics blocks 21, 24, 25 or 26 all appear to provide many usable frequency choices (more than a dozen in each block).
Karl Winkler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio