600D Interview at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 27th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #1
Major Player

600D Interview

Hi All,

I will shooting an interview next week, I used to use an XHA1 connected with a Sony ECM55 used with a tie clip via XLR.
I am now looking to conduct my first interview with my 600D and am looking to do the same thing.
The interviews will be conducted in a small room and I would like to get clean audio. Event using the Sony I used to get a hiss sound no matter what settings I tried.

Any good solutions out there for around £100? I would also like to monitor the audio while recording.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: 600D Interview

Tariq,

DISCLAIMER I'm not very well versed in audio but have been browsing the forums and researching on my own.

I have began to lean towards something like a juicedLink preamp...or if I need more flexibility, something like a Zoom H2. The nice thing about the Zoom is it is very flexible and the setup would be a little cheaper vs the juicedLink. That's about as far as I am right now but I think both of these options are worth looking into.

Some great info here as well: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...dio-setup.html

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio