My new Sound Devices SD 302 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 28th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: My new Sound Devices SD 302

James, I'm a bit late to your party. Is it still going? I jumped from no mixer at all (i.e., on board videocamera sound <shudder>) to the 302 feeding into a Korg MR-1000 recorder. I record concerts, family events, voiceovers, sports events, and choirs. I have never, ever regretted spending a single cent on the 302. I am still stunned by how quiet it is. On your other thread, someone mentioned that it works pretty much perfect straight out of the box. True for you? It should last very, very long time.

Enjoy.

-Steve
Steven Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: My new Sound Devices SD 302

Steve...never too late and thank you for chiming-in. I made the same 'Leap of faith'. Two months ago, my plan was to 'avoid the additional complication of a mixer'. You see how that turned out. Heh, heh!

I really like the SD 302 and yes, it worked 'straight out of the box'. I'll caveat my last statement by saying, 'Ignorance is bliss. In my case, it's nirvana.'. Heh, heh! I only say this because, it seems I've opened 'Pandora's Box' of audio knowledge (or, lack thereof.). I'm positive I don't have enough time left on the planet to even begin understanding. : ) I talk with people who've made a living as Recordist for 30-plus years and the way they navigate through the language of audio is simply amazing. I have been lucky to find those folks (on DV INFO and other places) who are able to take a complex technical subject and 'dumb it down', so even I can understand. IMHO, that is the 'hallmark' of a truly brilliant person. One who can talk to any level of person and explain to them in terms they can understand is a talent only those who are supremely comfortable with their technical knowledge can achieve.

I've started trying to understand 'Gain-Structure' and that is no easy task. : )

Best regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio