juicedlink and rechargeables at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 15th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Major Player

juicedlink and rechargeables

with a juicedlink dt454 running phantom power, i'm burning through 9v batteries pretty quickly. has anyone used rechargeables with their juicedlink? i was looking at some of the high-capacity 520 mah ipower lithium-poly batteries and wondering if they would be usable for limited stretches. thanks.

- edit -
the ipower batteries would seem to work just fine according to the manual. note to self: RTFM.

Last edited by Henry Cho; May 15th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Henry Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: juicedlink and rechargeables

A guy I know uses those rechargeables, he's happy and says he has another set as backup. Apparently they die pretty quick.

If you do a lot of work you have to realise you'll probably be recharging 24/7, you only forget once :)

Cheers.
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #3
Major Player

Can you share a link of the rechargeable battery please. I do have a juicedLink DT 454 and have faced situations where the battery has drained and these 9V batteries are not easy to find in smaller towns near the forests.
Old May 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Sabyasachi, you could probably find a source for those rechargables closer to home, say in Mumbai. I'd only buy name brand.

Cheers.
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #5
Major Player

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but I was given some 1/2 used lithium AA batteries to try in my Senni G2 radio mics..... wonderful.
I now use lithiums in my radio mics, instead of measuring battery life in hours of use..... I now work in days of use. (commercial / doco / news shooting) Just don't forget to turn them off overnight
$$$ v time in use in my mind lithiums win hands down.
Brian P. Reynolds is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio