Sound Device CF Card error? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Major Player

Sound Device CF Card error?

Just wondering if anyone has a Sound Devices audio recorder, and if they've have ever had trouble with a CF card. I've recently purchased the SD702, and have a 8GB Transcend CF card, Class 1. I've also tried with a friend's 32GB 600x card, and it's not recognizing it either. The SD says that there's no media inserted, though the light in the bottom left corner flashes (noting that there's an error). I've tried to format the card, both in the SD (tells me that there's no media to format), and in the computer (FAT32), and that hasn't solved the problem. Just thought I would check and see if there's a problem with Transcend cards in SDs. Thanks in advance!
Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sound Device CF Card error?

Try a different brand of CF card, Sandisk if you have one. I've heard not all cards work in the SD 7xxx recorders. Also, check for any firmware updates for the recorder.
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Never had a probem with the card in my 702 - also never tried to use Transcend, just San Disk
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have used Trancend CF cards in a variety of Sound Devices recorders with no problems. (All sizes of the orange 133x as well as the blue 400x cards, in two different 722s and a 788T.)

This doesn't really help you, but it sounds like either the card slot or the card may have a problem.
Andrew Bove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Never had a CF card problem in my 702. Can't remember if I used a Transcend though

Try a couple off other brands and if you have a problem send it back to SD. They understand how much people depend on the product and they try to get stuff repaired quickly. Had a blown Firewire port once and they were great about getting it fixed
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio