Mixer output to a Mac? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 21st, 2012, 04:40 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Mixer output to a Mac?

Les, thanks so much for that info.

You have a great and well deserved holiday!

Best wishes.

Jonathan
Jonathan Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM   #17
Major Player

I use this to connect to my mixer or mic

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/598406-REG/Shure_X2U_X2u_XLR_to.html
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM   #18
Trustee

Johnathan,

Of coarse Les is correct. Never put more devices into a signal path than necessary. I have the M-Audio fast track pro and have been happy with it for years. You have a reasonably good piece of gear there, don't be afraid to use it. Experiment with your stuff and find out what works best for any given situation. I have an audio rack with a mixer, eq, CD player, furman power conditioner, amp, mini disc, and wireless lavs I often use on site. M-Audio works fine as an interface to utilize all of these analog components in my post production suite. I know, some will argue I should have something more expensive in that role, but it works for me. The M-Audio also works well for running around with a single mic and a lap top. Did you buy that FP33? I don't remember if you have it or where thinking about it? If you have them both test them. You may find one sounds better than other in the real world despite labels or specs.

Steve
Old December 22nd, 2012, 04:20 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks for that Steve.

I've used the M-Audio a lot, but I had a problem that I wasn't even aware that I had until I started the Stereo mic thread the other day. Great advice from the folks there. I ordered the proper cable adapters (one for mono, one for 2- channel stereo) from Redco Audio.

My Fastrack Pro was used to record acoustic guitar into GarageBand or SoundTrack Pro. So lees is more sounds the way to go, either the mixer or the audio interface.

I am still working on procuring the FP 33 from my sound buddy. We'll probably do spoke sort of barter or trade. He may even have some other stuff that would set me up pretty well, but we'll see.

Cheers.

Jonathan
Jonathan Levin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio