Me66 diameter adapter ? (C300 mic holder) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 4th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #1
Trustee

Me66 diameter adapter ? (C300 mic holder)

Hi guys
After fruitless searching I'm wondering whether anyone can point me an Me66 Mic diameter adapter for c300 mic holder.

I worked on a production last year and the Canon 305 we used was the same. The mic had a small rubber collar that wrapped round the mic making the diameter difference up. I can fabricate something but it will probably just fall off/out.

Anyone ?
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Me66 diameter adapter ? (C300 mic holder)

A lot of people just use tape and build up the difference.......YUK

But a better answer is a couple of 10c O rings that fit over the mic and are just right to fit the mic mount.
Sony and Panasonic cameras have the same problem with their holders.
Brian P. Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi Brian
Rubber o rings are a good idea! I will try that.
Thanks
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #4
Major Player

O rings work really well, and even provide a wee bit of isolation. I had to get a pack of assorted sizes.but it cost just NZ$3 in the plumbing department of the local DIY store.
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #5
Major Player

I put this in another thread: Go to a bike shop, pay $7 for an inner tube for a skinny bike tire. Cut a section - about 3 inches, and wrap it around your 66. Works perfect. Save the tube for spares.

Jack Hubbard
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #6
Trustee

Mat - I used to have a pair of Panasonic mic holders that had a very interesting soft rubbery insert in them. With the inserts my ME-66 would fit in the holders just perfect.

I had a post about the mic holders back when I didn't know what they were. I had acquired them with a Rycote Windshield I bought but couldn't figure how they worked with it.

Here is a link to my old post and it has a picture of the Panasonic mic holders. You should be able to make out the black padded spacers in the picture: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-thin...lder-what.html

Apparently these little numbers are hard to come by and I can imagine that finding a way to just buy the spacers would be just as difficult, but they (spacers) were really nice. They didn't have a really slippery surface to them, either.

One more thing: they were consumer applied. The pads came in a little plastic bag and you just pealed off the plastic strip covering the adhesive and then stuck the pads on.

Unfortunately, both Panasonic and Sony are hitting on hard times financially and probably their customer service departments may be taking a hit.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #7
Trustee

some mics such as the AT875 r are provided with two rubber O bands that allow them to be re sized for cam mic holders, you can do the same with some rubber O rings as found in a hardware store as previously stated!

Last edited by Gary Nattrass; January 7th, 2013 at 03:16 AM.
Gary Nattrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #8
Major Player

My mics have rubber bands wrapped around them to make them fit. I think O rings are the better idea, but rubber bands are always handy! (They just need to be changed every so often when they start to disintegrate.) One of these days I'll get to the hardware store...
Phil Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Thompson View Post
Hi guys
After fruitless searching I'm wondering whether anyone can point me an Me66 Mic diameter adapter for c300 mic holder.

I worked on a production last year and the Canon 305 we used was the same. The mic had a small rubber collar that wrapped round the mic making the diameter difference up. I can fabricate something but it will probably just fall off/out.

Anyone ?
I would just go and get a Rycote Universal Camera Kit - the perfect solution and properly shockmounts the mic. as well as adding a windshield and windjammer.

Lower cost - get the video mount on its own.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio