Isn't there a portable pocket recorder that doesn't stop recording accidentally? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 17th, 2014, 08:50 PM   #1
New Boot

Isn't there a portable pocket recorder that doesn't stop recording accidentally?

Here is what I mean.

I currently have a Olympus VN702PC pocket recorder which I usually put on the grooms/officiate pocket jacket along with a click on mic to record the ceremony or whatever but EVERY SINGLE TIME IT STOPS RECORDING because they press the stop/record button accidentally or whatever. Even when I use the cushy sleve that came with it.. I guess they accentaly applu pressure to the front and it presses a button thereby stopping it from recording..

Thinking of getting the TASCAM DR-05EB but the buttons are also in the front but I am afarid the same thing will happen..

Luckly I was still able to savage the sound because I always have back up or whatever.

So does anyone know of a portable pocket recorder that is hard to accidentally stop recording? Ofocurse Ill need a mic in line.

Thanks!
Francisco Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Isn't there a portable pocket recorder that doesn't stop recording accidentally?

Zoom H1 and other of their recorders have a "Hold" setting that disables all the controls until you release it.

Fran
Fran Guidry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 12:15 AM   #3
Tourist

Re: Isn't there a portable pocket recorder that doesn't stop recording accidentally?

I have been using lav connected to Olympus ws-802 recorder in the pockets of groom and officiant. All the ws series recorder has the hold function. Never had a problem with them.

I believe they cost a bit more than VN702.
Tony So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 12:36 AM   #4
Inner Circle

You must have the only recorder available without such a "hold" button :) All my recorders have such a lock button, for the groom I use a yamaha c24 which I think is not being sold anymore. I also have a Sony ICD-PX312 which is very small and is great for recording voices with a lav, you only can't check levels on that one and have something like a low, med and high setting.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #5
Major Player

Yep, see page 11 of the PDF manual here:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/...uctions_EN.pdf

Just use the "Hold" function :- )

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Even the old H2 had a 'Hold' mode.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #7
New Boot

lol ofcourse the hold function. I guess I should read the manual before I run into problems instead of after!

Thanks Guys!
Francisco Estrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio