Lectrosonic PDR person reviews - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 28th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Lectrosonic PDR person reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cronin View Post
You are welcome Chris,

It was fun to do and Chris is so easy to work with, as was Karl from Lectrosonic.

I gave the unit a good run and loved it so much I have since purchased one. Great addition to my audio kit and will be used often.
I own four of the LT/LR units and I love them. I'm looking at year end purchases and I'm considering purchasing two of the PDRs. The basic package doesn't include the 1/8 inch to TA5 cable for feeding the output of the PDR into the tx does it? Did you get the Lectrosonic one or did you make your own?
Thanks!
Bernie
Bernie Beaudry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 02:32 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Hi Bernie,

The LT/LR is a fantastic unit. And the PDR fits right in the same lineup well. I will be buying a second one this year for an upcoming project.

For the 1/8" to TA5 cable I go to Professional Sound Services. Great service shop with all the parts needed. Pro-Sound.com

Do you use double LT/LR on one camera or are you running four cameras?
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:15 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cronin View Post
Hi Bernie,

The LT/LR is a fantastic unit. And the PDR fits right in the same lineup well. I will be buying a second one this year for an upcoming project.

For the 1/8" to TA5 cable I go to Professional Sound Services. Great service shop with all the parts needed. Pro-Sound.com

Do you use double LT/LR on one camera or are you running four cameras?
I'm a location sound person so I have four rx in a bag with a Zaxcom Nomad ten recorder/mixer.
Bernie Beaudry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Nice that is a full bag. And glad to hear the LR/LT stands up to your standards. I think you will like the PDR.
Old December 30th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Here is a short update on the app for the Lectrosonic PDR.

Today I tested the New Endian - Apps for an evolving world of media production, for the Lectrosonic PDR, Lectrosonic does not build this app. Included in the PDR package is a brochure to let you know about the app, with a link to the site for downloading.

After downloading the app go to AUD, with the PDR on. Place it close to the mic and touch ARM then the main screen. This sends out an audible signal to the PDR. Then you can go to REC and set Record, and then touch the main screen to send out the signal. This will start recording. Once done recording touch Stop and then the main screen for the signal again. This should stop recording and then save the file.

I found you have to do this process for each record.

There is also a LOC function that locks the setting.

Trying about 20 times in quite and noisy enviorment it worked well at three feet or less. Which to me is not very useful, since I would just grab the recorder and have more control. There is nothing on the app screen that tells you if it is recording, another reason I like to have the recorder in my hand.

Maybe this will improve with some updates, but for now it is not very useful for me. More on Timecode sync soon, and if I find any changes in the app.
Old February 6th, 2018, 12:20 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Checking back now that I have used this on two jobs.

One job I had my Lectro LR/LT on the FS7 and we were filming while my B-Cam (Z150) was outside getting a clip at the same time for the third talent about to come in. So I put the PDR on the third and recorded them watching/talking about the talent inside and then they walked in. Worked perfect. I guess I could have done this with three wireless, but not having that option it saved my butt. Much better then any shotgun with all the background noise.

Great tool in the kit.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio