REVIEW: Schoeps miniCMIT short shotgun at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 21st, 2017, 03:36 PM   #1
Inner Circle

REVIEW: Schoeps miniCMIT short shotgun

Nice little addition to your gear bag,

https://tyfordaudiovideo.blogspot.co...-superior.html

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 01:02 AM   #2
Old Boot

Re: REVIEW: Schoeps miniCMIT short shotgun

Nicely informative review. And as usual, Ty, you make the science less opaque for me - muchly appreciated.

Just for comparisons, could you superimpose a comparable Senni with this Schoeps on a polar response graph? Or is that too daft to think about?
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 03:39 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Graham,

Sorry for the late reply. January was a bit busy with banging my head on an icy driveway, a colonoscopy (no connection) and a flu and Pneumonia shot.

There's this thing called Google. If you punch in MKH416 and polar plot, here's what you get...

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/global-...07_2015_EN.pdf

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 10:38 PM   #4
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Ford View Post
There's this thing called Google.
Teh, who'd have thought it!?

My question was rather an invite to you to see if there would be any mileage in doing such polar comparisons for mics, and explicitly here with these two mics in question. Is there?

Being an amateur engineer/designer and science-groupie, these graphs and their relationships to the real world could be quite edifying in terms of evidenced-based results and put to rest a person's buying decision.

As you have taken the time to respond to my initial question, and prodded me in the Google-direction, I quickly took both Polars for each of the Senni and Schoeps and made my own Graphical Overlays model to see if there was any qualitative/quantitative evidenced-based results that could be gleaned from doing the exercise that would make sense. Well, I'm of the opinion, like ALL experiential awareness's, the science can or may influence and inform the real world experience of putting-one's-ears-on! The obverse/reverse of this is that my ears can support or deny or confront the graphs.

As with all your posts, tutorials and assistance you've given freely to me - thank you!

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio