Firmware updates I'd like to see for the Zoom F4 / F8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 31st, 2018, 11:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Firmware updates I'd like to see for the Zoom F4 / F8

I wish they'd implement a firmware update for the Zoom F4/F8 to apply the headphone output features (such as the start/stop beeps, and the PFL buttons being applied) to also the main/sub outs as well. This would be *very* useful as a work around to deal with the biggest complaint of the F4/F8: their poor headphone pre amp (I go into a bit more detail here in my blog post: A better headphone output for the Zoom F4 / F8? – David Peterson ).

A second firmware wish is if Zoom could do a firmware update for the Zoom F8 for 2nd order ambisonic microphones (such as OctoMic), or for doing A Format (of 1st order of course) with an independent safety track level as well in A format. They're already pretty close to this, as they've already got a bunch of ambisonic options in their recent firmware update, but not these fairly obvious other options which should prove to be popular with ambisonic recordists.

Third request: could we get a firmware update for the Zoom F4/F8 that will mute outputs (option for selecting main and/or subs) unless *if* in recording mode? Would be very handy to mute the chitter chatter on the lavs/boom that gets broadcast out to all IFBs, unless currently rolling. (obviously you wouldn't want to apply this to the same outputs you might be using for your headphone monitoring...)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio