Radio Mic's & lapal mic's at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 13th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #1
New Boot

Radio Mic's & lapal mic's

I'm going to start filming some interviews soon and was wondering if anyone had any advice about using Radio and lapal mic's.

I'm a total novice when it comes to sound so would love any advice.

Thanks

Llewellyn
Llewellyn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Major Player

Llewellyn,

You've asked a really broad question. If you haven't already, you'll answer many questions you have by just reviewing the threads in the "Now Hear This" forum. That will even answer some questions that you didn't know that you wanted to know about until you read the answer. Clear?

After that, if you have a more specific question, the folks here are GREAT about answering them. But to answer the question you asked:

"...was wondering if anyone had any advice about using Radio and lapal mic?"

...the answer is, Yes, there is some advice in this forum, and its free! (Unless you gave Chris your credit card number and then you might be funding the server charges this month for the whole DV Info community.)
Old March 13th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #3
Major Player

I'll second Patrick's comments and throw out the thought that lapel mics (also called lavalier mics) and radio links do not have to go together. For most sit-down interviews, a wired lavalier works just fine. Good wireless systems cost actual money, and cheap wireless systems will drive you insane. So, if you are on a budget, spend the money on a good wired microphone and you will end up with better sound all the way around.
Ralph Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks I'll do that.

Llewellyn
Llewellyn Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio