Using Sennheiser ew100 radio mic and xl1s with MA200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 31st, 2006, 04:39 AM   #1
New Boot

Using Sennheiser ew100 radio mic and xl1s with MA200

Hi

I just purchased a Sennheiser ew100 Radio mic set, which I'm using with my Canon Xl1s and the MA200 Sound Adaptor.

The question is:

If I plug the the radio mic receiver into the Mini Jack plug, where the onboard mic gets plugged into I get stereo sound, recorded on Stereo1 (channel one and two), but If I use the canon xlr plug (from the radio receiver) to go into the MA200 I only get mono recorded onto the 3 channel and not stereo over Channel 3 and 4.

I want to still use the onboard Mic as normal just incase it gets something good.

Can you get a a mini Jack cable that splits into two canon XLR's so that I can plug it into channel 3 (left stereo) and channel 4(right stereo) and would this work.

The main reason I want to do this is so that I can turn the one channel down during recording so if the speaker suddenly talks louder I can still use the other channel in Post.

Hope this makes sense and any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Llewellyn
Llewellyn Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio