Any helpful suggestions for bad audio? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 13th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #1
Capt. Quirk

Any helpful suggestions for bad audio?

I was shooting a casting interview, and had some serious issues. First, I was shooting the subject outside, and have cars going by, wind, and a/c compressors kicking on and off. To make things worse, my wireless lavs were getting too much interference, so I swithced to the ATR55 shotgun... which also seemed to develope some issues. I have audio volume all over the place, because I tried nudging the jack.

In Sound Forge, there was a filter called normalise, which adjusted all the audio to the same levels. Is there an option similer to this in Premiere 6?

And the day just keeps getting better, because the DV Storm firewire port seems to have blown again...
Old May 14th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #2
Trustee

Keith,
Come down and I'll help you out (as long as it's not to long). My main background is recording,and I have a home studio.Fluctuating volume is fixable-rather than normalize the whole file, I like to go through the wav,piece by piece, and fix it that way. Interfering sounds,on the other hand, are a horse of a different onion. there are some sounds that just can't be eq'd out.
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio