Canon DM-50 v Rode Video Mic v AT897 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon DM-50 v Rode Video Mic v AT897

Hi all,

I have the Canon DM-50 which I use onboard my XM2 (GL2). I also own an AT897 which I use on a pole.

I'm doing a lot of where I'm moving around following a speaker on a walkbout. The XM2 is on a Varizoom Sportster and I've put on the DM-50. Unfortunately, I've noticed a lot of noise being picked up on the soundtrack by camera handling.

I was thinking of upgrading to the Rode as it has inbuilt absorbers ... worth it? Or is an alternative to mount the AT897 on the camera in some way? Suggestions welcome!

Paul.
Paul Grove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:16 PM   #2
Major Player

If you want to save a few shillings, just get a shock mount that will fit the accessory shoe and use the AT897. K-tek makes one that I can recommend. Or, if you like the Videomic's shock mount, the RODE SM3 will work.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio