HELP, CD Index in Japanese! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:30 PM   #1
Major Player

HELP, CD Index in Japanese!

I created a master CD using Toast 6. When played on I-Tunes the Track and Title information displays in Japanese Characters. It is not random charaters but a Japanese translation. The information in on the master and clones that I made of it. I do not think it is related to CDDB. The TOC index appears fine on Windows Media and Real Players. Is this just a corrupt TOC on this disk? Ever seen this before? This problem just appears on this one CD. Thanks for any info
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:17 PM   #2
Major Player

Turning Japanese

I Think it's Turning Japanese

I Really Think So...
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'v had CDDB in iTunes do weird things with disks before. I burned a CD of nature sounds that I recorded and it came up as a Honda demo CD.

Try burning it again and see i the same thing happens. Turn the internet off before you put it in the computer and see if the Japanese shows up.

I think that CDDB measures the track number and lengths to determine what the CD is. There's a slim chance that two CDs would be exactly the same, but with billions of them out there, it could happen.
Cannon Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:01 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Now if the music on the CD suddenly transmogrifies from a Country & Western band into a samsien, shakuhachi flute, and taiko drums ensemble be very very worried.
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve House
Now if the music on the CD suddenly transmogrifies from a Country & Western band into a samsien, shakuhachi flute, and taiko drums ensemble be very very worried.
I think I might prefer that to say, Toby Kieth. At first I thought it was CDDB related. But the whole track template was in Japanese. So intead of saying AUDIO CD it say AUDIO CD in Japanese. I guess it is just a glitch and my I tunes thought it was registered in Japan. I have tried to turn off that darn CDDB, but I-Tunes seem kinda stubborn about that.

Oh well, it is a minor problem and I think a rather humorous one. Thanks guys for the reply.
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio