RODE NTG1 VS Senheiser MIc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 1st, 2006, 12:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

RODE NTG1 VS Senheiser MIc

Rumor has it that the senheiser mics work pretty well with the HD100 better than the Rodes. What are the ideal Senheiser mic setups? What are folks using?
Ralph Sturgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:33 AM   #2
Trustee

What type of mic? Shotgun? Caridoid? Handheld? Lavalier?

If you ar taking about shotguns, which Rode vs. Sennheiser mics are you comparing?

Where are you going to place the mic? On a boom? On the camera? Handheld on a pistol grip?

What type of shots are you doing and what type of sound are you recording? Interview? Ambient speech? Ambient background? Action objects making sounds (motorcycles, cars, etc.)? Dramatic dialog?

ETC.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 05:58 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from HD100 to Now Hear This.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:38 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sturgess
Rumor has it that the senheiser mics work pretty well with the HD100 better than the Rodes. What are the ideal Senheiser mic setups? What are folks using?
Both Sennheiser and Rodes make excellent mics. Which is "better" is a matter of perspective and depends on the situation. Can you give more details on what you're trying to achieve?
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:43 AM   #5
Major Player

I have a HD100 and use the Rode NT2 shotgun because I love the way it sounds for what I use it for very crisp and noise free. I also have the Sein G2 wireless set up and love the warmth that it gives for field interviews. When I'm in the recording booth I have an AKG 414 (my personal favorite) My friend loves his Neuman for the booth. SO what does all this mean? It's all personal preference, situation, and budgett oriented. Ask 10 people which mic is best and you'll get 35 answers. Pic what you like and what is sutible to your situation. I have used many Sein shotguns they were all OK I just like the Rode better at the price point.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio