Any suggestions on sound effects? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 26th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #1

Any suggestions on sound effects?

I was wondering if anyone would recommend a series of sound effects packs or something of the sort. I have been browsing through www.sound-ideas.com. I am interested in some of their packs but does anybody have any recommendations?
Old August 27th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #2

I'm a big fan of the Sony kit, it's straight from the Sony Pictures libraries, and they've just expanded them. SoundDogs is another great resource. I don't know if Sound Ideas has expanded anytime recently, but I've got a full set; not a lot of it is useful for our work, but libraries are libraries.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #3
Major Player

Soundidea's XV is excellent and affordable. "The General" is the industry standard. www.sounddogs.com is also a great resource for effects from Soundideas and others that you can purchase on a per-effect basis. I have XV and find it useful for the kind of work that I do.
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2006, 11:07 AM   #4

Thanks guys, I'll look into it.
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:47 PM   #5
Regular Crew

big fish

Depends on what kind of sounds you want. I have some Big Fish audio stuff, and they're recorded very "clean." Have a listen to some of their demos. Also you then need some kind of a database system to be able to look for your sound. Soundminer works, I've used it at some post houses.
Patomakarn Nitanontawat is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio