Audio Drops out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 13th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio Drops out

Hi all, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I have looked for fix or answer to this problem and found none.
Here is the problem and I am sure it is something I did in post editing...
I have one segment that when I render and add to movie the sound totally drops off and the only audio is the dub over I put in there for about 15 seconds. I took the final audio file out and edited it in Cool Edit Pro (old version) and it was fine there with all the gains and etc. I burned the dvd in just about every program I have to finalize with and the same problem. I thought it was the DVD player I use to review but it does the same thing on my friends player. It works fine on all three pc's I have so where to go from here. I am currently burning it to my MiniDV to see what happens, HELP!!
Thanks for any info, John Scott

Update on MiniDV test:
Did the same thing on the MiniDV but you can hear the audio just a little. I guess I better find the original audio file and see if my gain on the base is set to low. I don't know why it sounds fine till I finalize it!!!!!
John L Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 11:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

My guess it when you go from 48 -44.1 you forgot to use a function called dither.

check that.
Patomakarn Nitanontawat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:02 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Very weird John,

maybe a corrupted file?

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Shish! I don't know either. I just spent 2 days re-editing the segment and it is fine. I am finalizing the dvd as I write this. Almost 500 gigs of files to make one hour of footage!!!!! Can't wait to get back to life as I knew it ;)
Thanks for all your help :)
John L Scott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio