Need help on nature sounds recording at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 19th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #1
New Boot

Need help on nature sounds recording

Hello to all,

I am new to sound recordings... and am having quite a hard time.

In complimenting documentary / nature videos and photography with sound it's obvious that as you stop recording video you also stop recording sound... even the bad sound cameras record. I have a Panasonic DVC-30 and have been doing an inmersion into the sound side.

I have a Rode Videomic, an ATR-25 mic and an Azden shotgun mic so far. My latest incursion was purchasing a Zoom H4 and it's really been a welcome addition to the combo... sounds are so much better.

My problem is deciding what mics to get, I video in sand dunes, rivers and forests, sea shores and beaches...

Please help me choose a microphone that will be the best possible option (maybe over some price ranges) for what I do.

Even while the Rode will still be used in some cases, the mic I am asking help on is for the H4 with the 1/4" connector and phantom power.

By the way, the microphones on the H4 are quite good...

Any help is welcome...

Please help !

Regards

Leo
Leo Salazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Leo,

If you do a search in the underwater/overland forum useing the words sound mic you should get some of the help you have asked for.

regards

Mick
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio