XL1 Sound problems. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #1
Tourist

XL1 Sound problems.

Hey guys, i used my XL1 to film a band night a while back. Used a beachtek box to fire an audio signal through the camera from the mixer.
Now, i recorded it through the "Mic ATT 20" setting and the 12 bit ST-1, 2 setting. I am trying to capture it through Adobe Premier Pro 2 but it just wont pick it up!
I the cable was a mono 1/4 jack feed to an XLR splitter then run into the 2 jacks on the beachtek.

the strange thing is, When i tested it through "Nero Vision" (crap, i know) The file saves, with sound as DV-AVI but will only reproduce it through the sound through the Nero editor program...which i dont want!

How can i solve this?

Thanks
John
John Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Trustee

Why did you set the camera to 12-bit 4-track audio mode? That's lower quality, unnecessary if you're editing later, and can be difficult to capture.
There are a number of things that could be creating a problem; from your cabling, to the BeachTek settings, to your playback deck or camera, to your capture and editing software.
Does the audio sound ok when you listen to it directly? If so, then I would use a flexible capture program like ScenAlyser Live to have more reliable control over how the file and audio tracks are captured. Then edit as you normally would.
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio