Holy Smoke! AT 1800 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #46
Inner Circle

"What mics ship with the Body Pack Transmitter versions of the 1800 wireless set?"

The included lav basically stinks. It would be fine for an auditorium speaker I guess, but for any kind of dramatic material I wouldn't use it. Not only is too large to hide, the sound quality is noticeably lacking, even to untrained ears.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #47
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Leavitt View Post
"What mics ship with the Body Pack Transmitter versions of the 1800 wireless set?"

The included lav basically stinks. It would be fine for an auditorium speaker I guess, but for any kind of dramatic material I wouldn't use it. Not only is too large to hide, the sound quality is noticeably lacking, even to untrained ears.
Do you or anyone know which microphone ships with the AT 1800 series body pack transmitter. What is the number?

The U100 use to ship with the AT830. Is this the same for the 1800, or is it a different mic?

Thanks! Since a number of people seem to have the system, I was hoping someone knew which mic (model number) was included. I can't find it on the AT website, on B&H, etc.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #48
Inner Circle

Can't seem to find it in the manual. Don't know what model it is.
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #49
Inner Circle

I don't have the model number here, either. But the one you do want is the AT899cW.
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:48 AM   #50
Trustee

Is the mic included shaped like a Tram TR-50, or is it shaped like a little barrel.

Is it side address or end address?

Thanks!
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #51
Inner Circle

No it's not shaped like a Tram. It's a barrel. Dean's right. You want the AT899cw. Great lav for the money. Matches the CS3e beautifully.
Old March 30th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #52
Major Player

Can anyone help with my dilemma on if I should get a decent preamp and this ATW 1800 system and feed it directly to camcorder or should I get a decent field recorder instead?
I`m thinking about if SD MixPre coupled with ATW1800 directly to cam is comparable to SD 702 recorder alone. Dilemma here is that with latter there would be much more post work included that translates to more $$$ soon.

Is the ATW1800 fundamentally suitable for good noiseless sound specially when UniPaks are fed with line level signal from decent preamp like SD MixPre.

Thanks in advance,
T
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio