Microphone holder for camcorder? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 15th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Microphone holder for camcorder?

Hello,

For DAYS now I'm trying to find a simple accessory, but it appears to be very hard to find... What I am looking for is a microphone holder that can be clicked into the info-shoe of a Sony camcorder so I can attach a Sony MS957 microphone which got separated from it's original holder a long time ago...

Pls tell me this accessory is available somewhere cos in the current situation this rather expensive mic is essentially useless...
Bram Corstjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Run, don't walk, to LightWave Systems.

See their Universal Mini-Mount, it's exactly what you need. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2003, 02:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Finally I found something (and I guess the only thing).... the Beyer Dynamic EA-86 mic holder... The only problem is I live in The Netherlands where this accessory is sold NOWHERE :(

How is this possible? Is this such a weard accessory? I guess I'll have to make one myself... Very disapointing though....

/edit
thnx for your reply! i'll see if I can find this accessory localy :) Thnx again :)
Bram Corstjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2003, 04:25 PM   #4
Major Player

The EA 86 is a cheap piece of plastic with lousy screw down nuts to tighten it on to the hot shoe, and I'm sorry that I bought one. Had it fall off the camera twice, once the mic hit cement though thankfully nothing happened to it, and if you tighten it down tight you can't get the thing back off. Also had the mic slip out of the rubber bands, though the cable just got caught so no damage due to that. Get the Lightwave!
Chris
Chris Korrow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio