First Wedding Small Church at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 17th, 2007, 04:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

First Wedding Small Church

Hi all I have my first wedding coming up soon and just sorting out my audio the location is in a small country church, so far my all my audio gear consists of a mini disc recorder with a small mic attached,

I'm thinking of buying a Sennheiser EW112P-G2 radio mic kit but as there is only one mic who would i attach the mic too? at the service bride or groom ?
Andy Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 06:08 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Putting it on the Celebrant would put it equidistant from both bride and groom during the vows.
Old February 17th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

The Celebrant, assuming there will be only one, is your best bet. Unfortunatelly some look at you as though you were sent from the fires of hell and they are not cooperative, sometimes even hostile. That being the case, or you don't want to approach him/her, the groom is the next best choice. The bride is usually on the left side of the groom for Christian weddings so I place the lavalier on the left lapel of the groom.

I also advise the groom to project himself so the guests can hear him. The bride will generally do the same. This assures that you get good, clear audio from the b&g.
Allen W
Allen Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Trustee

The groom's clothes make less noise than the Brides dress. I have seen many videographers place the MiniDisk recorder in the groom's pocket with the lav on the lapel.
Old February 18th, 2007, 03:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Some great advice there people thanks :-)
Andy Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2007, 05:01 AM   #6
Inner Circle

I always attach the lapel mic to the groom's left lapel, that means it's closest to the bride. I have the Minidisc recorder in his inside pocket on auto level control, mono, and it's turned on well before the service begins and we both forget about it.

I have my radio mic wherever I thing readings will be made from - lecturns, pulpits etc. It can also be quickly moved to be near solo singers and so on.

Good luck with your first wedding. Stay very alert and be thinking 5 minutes ahead all the time. Go here for the G2 set-up tutorial:

http://dvestore.com/theatre/index.html#

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2007, 05:03 AM   #7
Inner Circle

I always attach the lapel mic to the groom's left lapel, that means it's closest to the bride. I have the Minidisc recorder in his inside pocket on auto level control, mono, and it's turned on well before the service begins and we both forget about it.

I have my radio mic wherever I thing readings will be made from - lecturns, pulpits etc. It can also be quickly moved to be near solo singers and so on.

Good luck with your first wedding. Stay very alert and be thinking 5 minutes ahead all the time. Go here for the G2 set-up tutorial:

http://dvestore.com/theatre/index.html#

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio