Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Questions - Trantec at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 1st, 2007, 04:46 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Questions - Trantec

Hello all,

Couple of questions about the Trantec RX8 Wireless Receiver and the S3.2 Transmitter (or SLTX? VERY unclear from the documentation!) and a coupe of more general wireless questions.

I'm well aware that this is by no means the best wireless system available but it was given to me and it's the only one I have so I am trying to make the most of it!

My questions:

1. The documentation (poor as it is) says that for maximum performance I should use the quarter wave wire antenna. Now, is that the rigid wire or the thin, floppy wire? I'm thinking the latter.

2. Can anyone give me an approximate operating duration for both transmitter and receiver using disposable batteries (and which brand would you recommend?). Also, what are the indicators that a battery is on it's way out? Is there a degradation of quality or increased noise?

3. Are there any guidelines as to how far from the camera the receiver should be? I am thinking of interference. I have an XL2. The XLR-XLR cable that came with it is only about 12" long. Is that sufficient?

4. Any thoughts about optimum placement of the tieclip mic?

5. Any other tips on best use?

Many thanks!

Ian . . .

Last edited by Ian Stark; March 1st, 2007 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Amended a question
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:53 PM   #2
Major Player

Ian,

This is not a brand I'm familiar with, but their web site shows them to be in Surrey and lists a phone number. Why not ring them up and ask?
http://www.trantec.co.uk/pages/trantec_contact.asp
Ralph Keyser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio